Online Bible Study
Enroll now in our FREE Because of Bethlehem Online Bible Study with Max Lucado!
Make your Christmas mean more... with this four-week Advent study!
Advent is a season of preparation because it is also a season of anticipation— a glorious gift is coming soon and we want to be ready to receive it! Join NY Times #1 best-selling author and beloved pastor Max Lucado in this four-week online Bible study and discover the enduring promises of Christmas and a lifetime of hope because of one baby born in Bethlehem.
Our study will launch on Sunday, November 26th, and conclude on Saturday, December 23rd! Like each of our online Bible studies, the study is free…our gift to you, plus you can participate at your own pace, watch the videos when you want, and work this study into your schedule (even watch in your pajamas!).
When you register today you will get access to all four of the weekly video segments with Max (each just 14-18 minutes in length because we know your Christmas is busy!)... plus some free goodies (see below), since it’s Christmas!
Sign up TODAY to receive the FREE BONUS downloads:
"Let Your Light Shine" Advent Toolkit
and 25 Days of Christmas ScripturesYes! I want access to the videos
Free Resources for this Study when you enroll!
- FREE access to 4 weekly online study video segments with Max Lucado
- FREE session 1 of the Because of Bethlehem Study Guide
- FREE excerpt of chapters 1-2 of the best-selling Because of Bethlehem book
- FREE "Let Your Light Shine" Advent toolkit
- 25 Scriptures for Daily Advent readings - FREE Printable
4 Reasons to Sign Up
- You long to make Christmas mean more– more than just the parties and food and gifts – and don’t want to get lost in the busyness and pressures of the season.
- You want to share the Christ of Christmas with friends and family. This study seems like the perfect opportunity to open the door to conversations with others about Jesus!
- You need encouragement. Christmas this year is a season of sadness, lost hope, and disappointment, and you’re looking for community and a place to express your feelings and find prayer partners.
- You love Advent, and look forward to it as a time to spend in reflection and prayer to prepare yourself spiritually for Christmas. This study will help you deepen your spiritual practice in the four weeks leading up to Christmas.
About the Because of Bethlehem Study
A remarkable gift can arrive in an unremarkable package. One did in Bethlehem more than 2,000 years ago. No one expected God to come the way he did. Yet the way he came was every bit as important as the coming itself. The manger is the message. In this four-session online video study, Max Lucado will help YOU explore how the One who made everything chose to make himself nothing for us. He experienced hunger and thirst. He went through the stages of human development. He was taught to walk, stand, and wash his face. He was completely and genuinely human. Because of Bethlehem, we no longer have marks on our record… just grace. We have the promise that God is always near us, always for us, always within us—and that we have a friend and Savior in heaven. Long after the guests have left, the carolers have gone home, and the lights have come down, these promises endure.
The Because of Bethlehem Study includes video discussion questions, Bible exploration, and personal study and reflection materials for the Advent season.
This study is just four weeks long and the videos with Max will be available week-by-week for FREE on our website
(we'll even send you a short email each week to remind you to view that week's segment)
- Week One (Nov 26 - Dec 2): God Has a Face
- Week Two (Dec 3 - Dec 9): Worship Works Wonders
- Week Three (Dec 10 - Dec 16): God Guides the Wise
- Week Four (Dec 17 - Dec 23): Every Heart a Manger
Meet Your Bible Study Teacher: Max Lucado
Max Lucado is a preacher with a storyteller’s gift — a pastor’s heart and a poet’s pen.
Max’s message is simple: God loves you; let him. Max serves the people of Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he has been on staff since 1988. He preaches and writes to the hurting, the guilty, the lonely, the discouraged.
That message has traveled around the world in more than 54 languages via more than 120 million individual products. Most of these products are books (92 million), which have occupied spots on every major national bestseller list. Over the years Max Lucado has been featured in countless national media outlets, dubbed “America’s Pastor” by Reader’s Digest, and named one of the most influential leaders in social media by The New York Times.
Because of Bethlehem is his latest book and video Bible study on the blessed Christmas season.